FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Plans for the coming year...
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 02:25 AM   #2
WebSlave
Definitely take a camera with you. If your photography skills need some work, spend the time now practicing so when those photo opportunities arise, you will have the confidence in your abilities to know you got the shots you wanted. If you are planning on being with other people, this will help out, but don't count on them being close at hand when that once in a lifetime photo opportunity crops up.

For instance, many years ago when I was planning on a trip to the California deserts and I knew I would be doing a lot of road cruising, I burned up a LOT of film down in the basement practicing how to get good shots in nearly total darkness. Mini flashlight in my mouth (this was before autofocus cameras were common, so I needed both hands for the camera), I would practice shooting by using the light from the flash to allow me to focus on the subject.

And working with a flash in those sorts of circumstances are a whole different ballgame.

But it worked! I got some excellent photos of the sidewinders that seemed to be abounding on that road we were on at night.

Anyway, good luck to you!