FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ripped Off By House Of Reptiles & Tropical Fish ??????
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 06:48 PM   #4
Miss_Marbles
Thank you for that information, Eric !! I will indeed do a search on them as "AV Exotics" as well as "House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish". The "House of" title sure SOUNDED like a real business, but now I get the feeling the house is someone's residence with some herps in the basement and a tank of guppies in the living room!!!

I have to say that I've purchased reptiles many times over the years through internet ads, and this is the first time I've been (apparently) ripped off. Even though $200 is not a huge amount of money, this is more than aggravating. I could have paid a few bills with that money!!! I hope I can get it back.

I've never had to file fraud charges, but there's a first time for everything. At least I paid with a postal money order, so hopefully the Post Office will take a dim view of these people.

And I hope at least my misfortune will make people beware of "The House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish". I imagine that now they will change their name yet again!!! Since I look at ads & auctions many times a day, I'll sure blow the whistle if I can spot them advertising again under ANY name.

Thanks again for the info, Eric !!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't smoke 'em, but I may start.

Barbara