FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #254
bigdogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
So after receiving one animal dead, due to improper packaging, and improper shipping method, you think it right they take a chance on another animal being shipped to them the same way, and arriving possibly in the same condition? Nah,I think a full refund is warranted, regardless of how immature Kevins cohorts acted. I've had animals go on a 3 day tour of the US, from hot area, to freezing Ohio warehouse, then back to the hot environment it was supposed to go to in the first place, all because of the carriers error, and the animal arrived live and healthy. Just shows what proper packaging can accomplish.

BTW, not that it matter much anymore, since I'm pretty much out of this industry. But my TOS says money back, OR animal of equal value. In the case of DOA, I do ask the animal be shipped back in the same manner which I shipped it, and at the buyers expense, before i refund. But since there is PROOF that FedEx destroyed the package, then exceptions have to be made on Mr Potts's behalf. The attempt was made to return the animal, and the shipper should not be held responsible for the carriers mistake.

Rich, I suggested not to ship the animal in a previous post. I know it was a crappy outcome. But I suggested to wait til the Tinley show in October for hand delivery of the animal. Now im not sure if Bob and Andy are vending that show or not. But being they very easily could and sure it would be worth the trip for em to get this handled.

I too have had many shipments be delayed and be perfectly fine from hot to cold and cold to hot. But whenever it is going to get below 65 degrees at anytime of the trip. I always use a heat pack. Now I wrap the heat pack and I open it right before sealing the box to make sure it takes its time activating if it is 80 outside then 40-50 that night. But that is just all expierence in shipping.

I try to work with the buyer if something was DOA. Now I think I have only had 2 animals arrive DOA in my 7 years of selling online and shipping. But even with my local one week guarantee. I always offer credit for the animal instead of a cash refund. As you do never know if someone just got sick of that animal and wants to get something else instead. Instead of selling it they kill it immediately "on accident" then want their cash back(this has happened to me and I did prove it). I don't like any type of scams so credit is always given. And so far I have made every customer happy that I possibly could have. And I don't believe anybody hates me for the way I conduct business. But as most on this thread your right. This needs to be handled and something set in stone. Whether its a new snake, refund, box of chocolates and an apology, something needs done.