FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase.
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #66
DesertRat73
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life View Post
Payment given has not been defined as a deposit by the buyer to his acknowledgement

I'd contact the police with a copy of this post in hand to ensure the seller can not deny receipt of payment. I would ask for them to retrieve my payment or press charges. It would then be up to them to take action or encourage the buyer to address this civilly through the small claims court.

The buyer stated in his text he could put money down so it wouldn't go anywhere. Which to me = hold/deposit.

I'd be interested to see what the police told you on that. On such a small matter that could so easily go either way? I think the resources alone needed to bring this before a judge would get you laughed out of the station. Tying up the police from doing something constructive for how many hours, attorneys fees, filing fees, time off work to deal with nonsense, tying up the courts and wasting the time of all involved? Really?