FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #56
evilcowboy420
::

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
nothing is an exact science. i have been in emergency/critical care veterinary medicine now, almost 14 years. it has never, is not now, nor ever will be an exact science, no matter which way it is put or dealt with.

To be an exact science one would have to make sure there is no room for human error and for a curve ball to be thrown by nature. No 2 snakes are exactly the same.

Also I hope not all Australians are as self center as the fella going on and on about how venomoid surgery is an exact science.

IMO I don't see a need for taking a snakes natural defenses away. And any company peddling the butchering of an animal for whatever reason is wrong in my book and only trying to get money at whatever cost. I just can't see it. But of course I will be labeled wrong so I don't really care.

So while we are taking the defenses from animals I think I will go have a doctor lop off my iguanas tail, take out its teeth, and remove it's claws or better yet have my cats toes cut off so they won't scratch me when they play with me.

Point is you make a decision when buying or obtaining a hot if you as a person are incapable of handling or knowing the proper way of handling them then you should not have them. They didn't ask to live at your house you forced them to be there so as a responsible owner it is your job first and foremost to make sure YOU can handle them. If not move onto something you are not so afraid of or can handle properly.

So that surgery and that company who does it and anyone who supports it.

Oh yeah and that is just stupid performing a surgery at a show. way to be sterile the ignorant mother needs to have their ripped off and shoved in their they probably signed that snakes death certificate by doing that. Some surgeries are just NOT necessary.