FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hot!!
Thread: Hot!!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #7
WebSlave
Well, in a way you were correct. Low on freon. Actually OUT of freon. A joint in the copper tubing near the compressor had popped a hole in it somehow and all the freon just blew out. The AC guy found it by pressurizing the system with nitrogen and you could actually feel the pressurized gas blowing out of the hole in the joint. He silver soldered it up, checked the work for leaks, purged the system of air with a vacuum unit, recharged the system and we are good now.

I had to shut off the ceiling fans we had running because I was beginning to feel a bit chilly.

Luckily no broken parts that needed to be ordered. I thought for sure something would need to be ordered and they would be telling me it won't show up for two weeks. I guess Connie and I would be taking a trip somewhere for a couple of weeks.

So all is well now. I feel like we have been brought back to civilization. By 4:20 pm it had gotten up to 86.4 degrees inside the house before the fix was done and temps started ratcheting downwards. It's down to 80.1 degrees right now, which is where we normally like it to be during the day.