FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Question(s) for the customer service experienced....
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
Blazin
Customer service.

I have ran into that several times. I have actually lost sales because the ,"the checks in the mail thing". I think if the individual in question was truely serious about the gecko he or she would have at least made a small down payment or tried to pay you something. I think its time to move on. After this period of time someone else deserves a crack at it. Especially if they have already shown interest. I think the whole Down payment thing is a good idea. I also am aware that its not totally necessary. If someone I know in the herp community such as another breeder, personally tells me they want a animal I have I try and take their word for it. Your situation is different. You have given them a fair amount of time and have not heard from them. I think its time to find another customer. I had a similiar experience with a well known leopard and fattail breeder. I purchased a het from them and asked them to hold the other one for me until my next paycheck. SInce I had already ordered one from them they agreed and I thought it was the end of it. Not only did they end up selling the animal out from under me they raised the price on it. All in all I try and deal with people the way I would want to be dealt with. I think if you deal with people that way you will always come out on top. Just my two cents Chris.

Oh by the way I need to get that fatty from ya! LOL!