FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #170
RobertW
To Lawndart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndart
Terri did not share any current pic's of this dragon. She stated that her camera was not working. I had not reason to doubt her.
I just wanted to give you some inof on the leucistic line as opposed to the clear nailed snow line. Go to Kevun Dunnes site Dragons Den and see what he has to say about both lines as he was the originator of most of the snow and the leucistic lines in the US. A snow, clear nailed or not can appear tan and WILL darken as it is NOT a complete form of hypomelanism (this is my opinion gathered from my own research) It is however hypomelanistic to an extent. The leucistic line is a completely hypo animal that will have clear nails and is in Kevins own words... is "born white and stays white" it isn't really a leucistic but was imported as such but has been proven hypomelanistic. That dragon should not appear black at all stressed or not if it is a leucistic as it doesn't have the ability to blacken to the extent you seem to be experiencing due to melanophore disfunction. A clear nailed snow is at this point an inexpenxive dragon as opposed to the leucistic line due the fact it has been around alot longer. Hope this helps a little in determining that you have more than likely been burnt.

This is only my opinion gathered from what I have read in your posts.

Robert Wood