FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The cost of owning illegal reptiles in British Columbia
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9dr View Post
Perhaps, but you are not paying to have a veterinarian clean cages and feed (yes, 13 years of education means that I can demand a per hour wage greater then $10hr). You are not taking into account that a quarter of my facility is shut down to its normal purpose aka boarding dogs and cats ($40 per day and $20 per day respectively). No body wants their cat fluffy boarded next to an 11 ft retic. I broke down my costs in the above posts, if your costs are less then you are entitled to charge what ever you want, but these animals are taking up a good chunk of my clinic space and my time. Again, by all means move up here and start a CAS rescue facility if you think you can make a living at it (you can't). Again no offence intended but these are the costs.
Dr. Walton,

You seem to be continuing to explain your charges. Part of the charges seem to be overhead, part are for your skills and experience, part is for risk, part is for the paperwork I'm sure comes with the territory of seized animals, part is for profit, and we all need to make a living.
As the charges are for illegal animals, most of the readers here will hopefully not have to retrieve and pay for seized illegal critters.

If someone can do better, they can open a place across the street from you. It is very rare here (or anywhere) that anyone agrees with anything 100%, I hope you are not expecting that.