FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Falys..where to draw the line???
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #29
clarkrw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
On the topic of drawing the line, do you guys believe in allowing some wiggle room for the natural genetics of the locale to vary a bit? Like one that's a lot more blue with red rain, or more yellow on the face, etc. If all other locales have variety within it, naturally, what do you guys think are the outer limits of the bell curve for this locale?

Say, if white, red, and blue, are the bulk of normal for this locale, what variation - if any- do you guys allow and still consider the animal a faly?
There most certainly is variation. The thing is many that are being passed off as pure have less red in them than a lot of Nosy Be's have. They have the dark rich blues of Ambanja's or rainbow colors like ambilobe's. These chams are obviously crossed. Now Tom's baby from Rob's recent Kush clutches has more red then my guy and mine has more blues but the blues are a greenish blue and the animal will go from aqua to a deeper green color. The red rain goes from red to black in color. Many CB animals loose the yellow in there cheeks almost all together and even WC after sheds will have much less of the yellow in the face. We have to contribute that to diet because it will change in the same animal. You can look at my WC that won the photo contest this month and see all the yellow, after this past shed it's much more subtle and the skin that came off is YELLOW. Also when the animal fires up you should be able to visibly see some white body appearing and the striping of the bars get more defined.

What is everyone's thoughts on these descriptions?