FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Falys..where to draw the line???
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #30
robmd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
On the topic of drawing the line, do you guys believe in allowing some wiggle room for the natural genetics of the locale to vary a bit? Like one that's a lot more blue with red rain, or more yellow on the face, etc. If all other locales have variety within it, naturally, what do you guys think are the outer limits of the bell curve for this locale?

Say, if white, red, and blue, are the bulk of normal for this locale, what variation - if any- do you guys allow and still consider the animal a faly?
yes olimpia there is wiggle room but some theres no diff between them and a nosy be or the extreame case a faly thats got yellow an orange in its body, even alittle yellow in the body a be ok as long as it isnt overpowering neon yellow like was the case in some "falys" i recieved an then was accused of switching out.. A few years ago we had this debate when a green faly showed up"watermelon" some people had a cow "i wasnt one" i liked watermelon an he looked faly to me but now we have big breeders sellin falys that just arnt falys and at some point someones gotta say something i did ive taken alot of heat for it but all ive said is true.