FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - A night in heaven ?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #8
old guy
what ever other than re-read me

I'll continue my method as we will continue this debate/argument. NOT ! I'm not reading these links as to my true and tried/done practices. Maybe you're not understanding........i have never seen a snapper with results of handling this way with consequences , PERIOD ! I'm not saying it doesn't happen or can't happen. My holding and restraining method last what, every bit of under 1 minute unless moving the species off of roadway. Maybe this is an age factor of doing this between your age and mine in the way of MY experience ? I think so ! Again > i have NEVER seen a injury caused from holding a snapper by the tail for any short time period in all of my 57 years. I also fear the aggressiveness of snappers as to damage they can do to body digits. This is in concerns to my finger digit as I have seen what they can do on bite and or reflex attempted bite. I say this even with me keeping venomous snakes. When I'm on roadway/pavement and I see a snapper, I'll be damn if I'm going to take the time to try to pin one down to correctly handle one in order to move it off of roadway. But the very next one I see, and it will be soon due to constant rain, I'll donate it to the turtle gods of having the chance ( and always see this ) of it getting hit and killed by vehicle in behalf of you all for trying to convince me that I will do more harm/damage by my ill way of handling/restriction. LOL ! OH does my under post profle fit me ! Another LOL !