FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Sugar Gliders
Thread: Sugar Gliders
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #22
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I've been looking through the various diets and I find it notable that so many are complicated and difficult and others require special ingredients like 'wombaroo powder' and bee pollen.

Still others bemoan the complicatedness of it all and try to sell you their brand of dry glider kibble as an alternative.

I find the whole subject smacks of elitism and commerce that sometimes does not seem to have the best interests of the gliders in mind.

Nutrition is not the rocket science that some with gliders make it out to be.
And I find it distasteful that some of these glider boards expect newbies to arrive, make a ritual bow of obeisance, kiss the ring of the current nutrition queen, and empty their wallets for the benefit of vendors preying on the natural inclination of pet owners to want the best for their pets.

I think that a good working knowledge of nutrition is all it takes, and I'm hoping that some will start threads here to provide ideas for diets that are simple, and healthy.
Exactly! My Gliders thrived and I never had any issues with joeys being killed or anything else, and I fed what I stated above. I also added a vitamin/calcium supplement to the food a few times monthly.