FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #267
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
It is a shame that the support (contribution wise) was not there when needed.
Just so there is no misunderstanding about the cause, it is not solely the financial aspect that has called all the shots here. There is also the fact that the numbers of just plain vanilla participation and visitation by the membership has fallen way down. Those numbers are just downright disappointing, to say the least.

And perhaps a major contributing fact is that this site, as a whole, is not as mobile friendly as it could be. But a conversion of the code, or a migration to an alternative more mobile friendly platform (if one even exists that is even modestly compatible for a conversion) would be quite an undertaking. One which I am not convinced would be worth my effort and expense any way. It could very easily all turn out to be a complete waste, just to find that nothing was gained from it concerning traffic and finances. And perhaps the change itself would be enough to tip over the entire site into oblivion. That would be a genuine risk to be considered. All that just to try to save the BOI? Sorry, but I don't think it wise.

Personally, I believe FaunaClassifieds will survive, regardless of the demise of the BOI. So we shall see.