FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Richard Anthony Leverock of pinallas park Florida DECEITFUL CONARTIST BUYER BEWARE
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #61
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
I'm not 100% sure on red-ear slider laws. To my knowledge they are illegal, but I am not a turtle person.
for clarity since it is part of the discussion from http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/ma...water-turtles/

Quote:
Red-eared sliders are a common non-native turtle that has been popular in the pet trade. Red-eared sliders are listed as a conditional species in Florida. Anyone that possessed a pet red-eared slider before July 1, 2007 can legally keep their turtle and no permit is required. However, Floridians are not allowed to acquire red-eared sliders as personal pets after that date.

Anyone importing or possessing red-eared sliders for research, exhibition, or out of state sale is required to have a Conditional/Prohibited/Nonnatve Species Permit. Certified aquaculturists with restricted species authorization from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services may possess and cultivate red-eared sliders for out of state sale and for sale to permitted Florida researchers, exhibitors or dealers, or to other certified aquaculturists. Authorized aquaculturists that import red-eared sliders also must obtain a special permit.

some comments

Ed