FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One More Reason to Test for Adenovirus
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #304
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I too have been trying to avoid participating in these threads, as they seem to be nothing but counter-productive at this point.

But I refuse to sit back and let anyone spread such vile lies about Tere. I will guarantee each and every one of you that this woman loves her Beardies as much, and probably more, than ANY person here. I know how this has affected her emotionally, and for anyone to even insinuate that she would put any of her beloved dragons at any further health risk or purposely subject anyone else to the heartache that she has gone through is completely unthinkable. Tere has done nothing but try to help everyone, whether it be someone who she has sold a Beardie to in the past, or just the average Joe who bought a Dragon at Petco......and this is the kind of crap she gets in return?? She's doesn't deserve this.

If someone feels the need to start vicious rumors about such an honest, caring person.....I DARE them to come to me and let themselves and their motives be known. If you think you have proof of this fallacy, please, by all means show it to me....show it to us all. I'm willing to bet you won't, because it just isn't possible.

Put up or shut up, as the saying goes.

Thanks Cat. I also know for a fact it isn't possible, and it ticks me off no end to see someone spreading rumors about Tere after everything she's been through.
I also know for a fact that you'd be hard pressed to find someone as loyal, as caring or as honest as Tere. She has stood up and done right thing at great personal cost, and she has taken the time and put in the energy to try to help others, and there is no way that I am going to sit still and let someone attack her by rumor and inuendo without speaking up.
I have also recieved emails telling me that there is is rumor mill grinding behind the scenes specifically to "take out" breeders that are taking a stand on testing for Adenovirus. I've recieved phone calls from people telling me that I am a "reactionary", that no amount of testing can assure us that our colonies are "adeno-free", and one person actually told me straight out that "Adenovirus does NOT kill Bearded Dragons".
Now, I can respect that people are allowed to have different opinions on this subject, and I'll be the first in line to tell people that there is a lot that is unknown about this virus and we need to work toward finding out more as a community. I'm not going to be intimidated though, nor will I not respond when the "rumor mill" has it dead wrong.