FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Good Guy chris cassaci from niagara falls
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 02:07 AM   #16
ReptileJay
I talked to Chris at the last Buffalo show, and he said outright that he is only dealing with gravid imports for the money. He pays a certain amount per gravid girl, takes the eggs when they lay them, and sell the females right after they lay the eggs to make the money back on the initial investment. Once the babies hatch, he sells the babies for profit. It's a joke of a business plan... and a STRONG indication that he couldn't care less about the animals.

I have not seen the actual facility because it was "under renovation" when i showed up there once... likely story... but based on the animals that were at the show... (a bunch of normal juveniles and babies, and adult "proven breeders") I would be willing to make an assumption that he really isn't doing all that much breeding there... If he was breeding as much as he claims to be, I would expect to see more morphs at a table than 1 spider and 1 or 2 pastels...
I could be wrong though... (oh there were a lot of snakes with tags saying "fires", "Ghosts", "sables", "granites", and a few other "morphs"... but in reality, there were a lot of normals with outrageous prices...)

"GOOD GUY" is a far cry from what is going on here...