FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - JIm Flaherty and The Chameleon Company
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
KathyLove
Although I do not currently keep chameleons and so have not purchased from Jim, I have visited his facility on several occasions while my hubby Bill was photographing them there.

Impressive is an understatement when applied to Jim's chameleon operation! His planning and obvious financial investment have allowed the chameleons to take the best advantage of our Florida climate, yet his greenhouse design tempers all of the extremes that would make life difficult for them. He has planned it so that a moderate amount of time each day keeps these animals in the best captive conditions that you could hope to see! And the numbers of these normally very labor intensive herps that he keeps in such great conditions is just amazing! Anyone who sees his set up would probably want a chameleon, even if you never had a desire for one before.

Add that to Jim's obvious care, professionalism, and attention to detail, and I don't see how you could go wrong. If he ever gets out of producing chameleons, he should probably go into consulting and helping herp breeders in general to set up both physical and business operations to try to match the one he has now, lol!