FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - RED ALERT: HR511 Stop Python and Boa BAN NOW!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #25
warpig
I'm sorry to say I just found out about this.

What a load of crap, The Humane Society has too much power for some dam reason.

Quote:
Constrictor snakes have killed 15 people in the United States, including seven children, with reticulated pythons accounting for the largest share of attacks. The tragic death of a Florida toddler in 2009 put a fine point on why the private ownership of these animals is just not worth the risk of children or adults being killed by them.
15 people killed in how many years? How many people have been killed by horses or honey bees ? So are they next ? Of course not horses, They are cute and furry no matter how many times they kick your kids face in. Honey bees are non-native to the US should we stop allowing people to own them ?

Quote:
The ecological havoc wrought by invasive snakes is worse than anyone anticipated. A January 2012 report by researchers with the National Academy of Sciences found that Burmese pythons, in a little more than a decade of colonizing the Everglades, have wiped out 99 percent of raccoons, opossums and other small and medium-sized mammals, and 87 percent of bobcats. A great American ecosystem has been put at grave risk because of this invasive species. By having such an impact, it will inevitably harm the ability of Florida panthers, one of the most endangered animals in our nation, to survive. We must act now in order to prevent large constricting snakes from colonizing other ecosystems and having such a devastating impact on them, too.
They're saying the pythons were'nt there 10 years ago ? I was trapping in Florida in the 80's and we caught several Burms and a Rock Python. Sorry but Florida has a lot of non-native species that cause harm to the eco system and their furry little friends.
The Humane society,peta and all the other extreeeemists go way beyond what's actually necessary just so they can glote and say "look what we did, ok what's next".