FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #145
Snakehandler
Mr. Hoser.....get your facts straight. My employee was not bitten during an event, he was actually bitten by a wild snake, there was NO venom present in the wound, however our company policy is to ensure his safety and I insisted he stay in hospital for 12 hours. This was a WILD snake....are you going to try to venomoid the wild ones too? This snake was not tonged, it was infact tailed and hooked. The event was major flooding where we had been contracted to remove snakes, of which we removed over 150 over 13 days, including Pseudonaja textilis which were under a great deal of stress due to the flood event....only leaving once the client had been satisfied that there was no further serious risk.

Secondly, Mr Watherow, was NEVER one of my employees, he owned the business and sold out.....what happened to him was NOT during my ownership and was actually prior to him starting the business.....

Also, Section 32 of the OHS Act 2004 actually states the following:
Duty not to recklessly endanger persons at workplaces

32. Duty not to recklessly endanger persons at workplaces

A person who, without lawful excuse, recklessly engages in conduct that places
or may place another person who is at a workplace in danger of serious injury
is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to-

Now with this in mind, I have permits to display venomous snakes, my staff are all trained and experienced, our wildlife permits do not allow members of the public to come in contact with venomous snakes unless under written authority (which I have), however we do not permit this at public events, only snake handling courses.

If you want to read it properly, a person placing unrestrained crocodiles on peoples heads, without ensuring they cannot bite by appropriate restraints, is actually in breach of Section 32 of the act.

Also the practice of venomoiding is an illegal procedure now in Australia (I am not claiming you have broken any laws here as this was altered after you completed your procedures), as such no person can have any of these animals created unless they are willing to face prosecution.......and before anyone claims anything, this changed a long time ago, I have never and will never request such animals as I do not see the need for it.

I am tired of your lies and deceit, you will now go on to attack me and my business, make false claims etc....I am not here to attack you, do not wish to converse with you, simply state the truth.....NO person doing displays with the business Snakehandler since I took over has ever been bitten by venomous snakes, NO staff member has EVER been envenomated since I took over the business, NO member of the public has been injured by ANY of my animals since I took over the business.....what happened prior to me purchasing the business is totally out of my control, unknown to me and of no consequence to my operations.