FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One year anniversary of the closing of the Board Of Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 08:01 AM   #14
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Maybe even create an overtly hostile environment for them. I have been discussing this with the moderators, and I approached this with the possible intention of allowing review style post replies in the classified ads themselves (which has NEVER in the past been allowed here) that someone is posting. This would hopefully have the result of such ads placed by alleged "bad guys" being plagued with negative comments and reviews, and as such they will HAVE to delete their ads, and hopefully leave the site when they find that none of their ads can attract victims any longer because the bad press just constantly nips at their heels.
This is a great idea, IMO.

Like you mention, posters have to use it judiciously and skillfully -- not just "This sucks! Arghh!!" like even some replies to this thread are framed (constructive suggestions were requested, but only some repliers took the trouble to do so).

Personally, I'd find the inability to lock ads a slight loss to me as a seller (I do it to eliminate the questions from lowballers and people who simply haven't read the ad that should take place over PM, or not at all), but I wouldn't complain a bit given the overall benefit it would have under this plan.

Thank you for trying to make the best of a very difficult situation, Rich. I miss the BOI, too, but you tolerated the fallout from it longer than anyone would have, and you made this community better in doing so. We all owe you.