FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Options for feeding large number of Cresteds.
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
lauraleellbp
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfconstrictors View Post
I read on Pangea that Allen said that there was a reason he put instructions on the labels lol, which I understand.
I remember that thread. I remember thinking to myself, "that doesn't really answer the question.." lol I do know that there are some vitamins and minerals that do need to be dissolved in water to be digestable, though. Whether drinking some water after eating dry CGD would be enough to accomplish this or not, IDK?

I guess I don't understand how not mixing it with water accomplishes anything good or productive.

If the goal is to save CGD, then you'd actually want to mix it with MORE water, not less, as the geckos will then actually eat less CGD before their stomachs are full (the water would take up more room in their stomachs).

I have a few heavy eaters who if they ate dry CGD, I'd worry about how it might swell in their stomachs after drinking water after the fact?

It only takes me a few minutes a week (I mix a week's worth at a time) to mix mine in the little squeeze bottles I use, and then I keep that in the fridge. One quick squirt takes a fraction of a second to fill a food dish, so feeding dry wouldn't be a time-saver, either...

I guess I just see more potential risks than benefits, personally.