FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Enclosures by design........Long!
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 08:56 AM   #1
Cheyenness
Stop! Enclosures by design........Long!

Ok, I was asked to go ahead and post my current experience with Sal from Enclosures by design....

Before anyone says anything, I have read the other long thread that was started a month or so ago. I "thought" to maybe give Sal the benefit of doubt, but it seems that I now have no doubt about his business practices.

I ordered a rather large amount of cages from him in mid December and I am still waiting for them. I am going to cut and paste a copy of an email I sent him this morning. The email will basically explain it all.....

Copy sent to Enclosures by design and also Upstate exotics.

Hello again Sal,

I am starting to get a little upset over this entire transaction now. When I first ordered these cages you told me that you would have them done by the end of the week (Dec 19th) . The next time I spoke with you I was told they would be shipped by the following Monday (Dec 29th) . I again spoke with you and was told they would go out this past Monday (Jan 5th). I have not received a tracking number or any email from you since, so from that I am guessing they still have not gone out. I needed these cages ASAP and have lost the buyer for my 6 neodesha cages due to the delay in getting them empty and ready to go.
I ordered and paid for these via Paypal in mid December. At this time I feel that if they are not shipped out by Thursday (Jan 8th) of this week, then I would like a total refund of my $925.00 via Paypal. I could have gone to Lowes and bought the supplies and already had my cages built by now.
I am sorry to have to do this to you, but I have now been told 3 different shipping dates and none of them have been accurate. I was in need of these cages when I ordered them and had I known it would have been this long I would never have bought them and would have just made them myself.

Please respond ASAP

Thanks
Lisa Dodd

I have since also found this information out on the BBB site....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better Business Bureau, Inc.
741 Delaware Avenue
Suite 100
Buffalo, NY 14209
(716) 881-5222

UPSTATE EXOTICS
61 Lemaire Way
Cossayuna, NY 12823

Principal: Allison Tornambene, Co-Owner
Local Phone Number: (518) 692-3101
TOB Classification: Pet Stores

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's BBB file was opened in April of 2003: 4
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 4

Complaints Concerned
Refund or Exchange Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Company did not respond: 1

Customer Service Issues: 3
Outcome of all complaints -
Company made good faith effort to Resolve: 1; Company
did not respond: 2

Report as of: 1/7/2004

Copyright: 2004 Better Business Bureau, Inc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only email I got a VERY timely response to was one entitled "my cages and BOI" ... this is the only email he answered within 10 minutes... the rest seem to wait and wait.

I will post an update as soon as I hear from Sal. Maybe this posting here will "motivate" him to do the right thing and just refund me my darn money.... who knows LOL