FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #46
Neil Gubitz
Adrian.... there's a very easy answer to that....

If you don't like the rules.... don't play the game??

The law in Florida says that you have to spend at least 1000 hours working with hots.... you can take as long as you want to do this, with the MINIMUM being one year.... if you want to work 2 hours a week and take ten years to complete your 1000 hours, that's entirely up to you.... I think the law, in this case, is great.... it keeps the novices from hurting themselves and endangering others.... and, if you own a herp store, you could easily end up with free help....

When The Snake Pit was open, and Jewell Howard (who already HAS her hot license) was my manager for a year and a half, we had no less than three people that wanted to help out at the store (with Jewell) learning about hots, and then going back to her house to actually work with them.... it was good for me, because they worked for free, and it helped them build up their hours in order to get their license (even though none of them lasted long enough to get their licenses).... they, too, didn't want to go through all the hours necessary....

The laws in Florida are strict for a reason.... you can abide by them, or not.... it's your choice....

Neil