FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #50
Wraith
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Gubitz
Adrian.... there's a very easy answer to that....

If you don't like the rules.... don't play the game??

The law in Florida says that you have to spend at least 1000 hours working with hots.... you can take as long as you want to do this, with the MINIMUM being one year.... if you want to work 2 hours a week and take ten years to complete your 1000 hours, that's entirely up to you.... I think the law, in this case, is great.... it keeps the novices from hurting themselves and endangering others.... and, if you own a herp store, you could easily end up with free help....

You are not reading what I was saying. A proposed guideline was offered on what hot regulations should/could entail in order to get a permit to keep one - it was not stated that it was Florida's regulations...just a set of guidelines that was thought to be good enough to be possibly instituted in other states. What I find hard to comprehend is that the proposed guideline made in Scott's post stipulated that 1 year's demonstratable experience had to consist of no less than 1000 hours...not that it could take 10 years or 20 years to accomplish that goal but no less than 1000 hours in one year's time. I was responding to that statement with a scenario of why I thought it would not realistically work out.

And looking back at that post it would seem it has since been edited as there is an additional paragraph under requirement #1 that was not there previously when I took the time to compose my first message.

Adrian