FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Lack of customer service from sellers
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #5
Jynxx25
Vanessa, it is rather bold of you to assume that since I am new to the site that I am in experienced.

I been keeping, breeding, trading, and selling reptiles and animals as a hobby for over 20 years.

My main job is in IT Desktop Support that I been in for 22 years.

I been a seller on eBay since 1998.

I recently moved on from fine art photography which last 10 years, which included wedding/family/business clients, presentations/workshops to students, as well as Gallery associations.

One thing as a customer in all those industries that I learned over the years is nothing says take your money and move on that bad customer service.

First, in this tech age we become multi-taskers even with multiple professions, hobbies, and family obligations. I find it hard to believe that someone who is posting on this site to sell does not have time or time to waste in answering questions, even if it is already stated in the post. If someone is too busy for that, perhaps they should not be breeding and selling.

Sellers and breeders need to understand for every buyer you have, you may have 5, 10, or even 30 non-buyers.

You are right, it is a two way negotiation. By me asking questions and being a "high maintenance buyer" I am thinking of the good of the reptile. I sm assessing whether you are a high maintenance seller or breed that keeps the parameters for the snake that are not nesscary or improper, which could lead to stress of the pet adjusting to the new environment.

So Vanessa, I gladly took my $500 and purchased from a brick and mortar shop that took the time to answer my questions. Now the White Diamond Ball is thriving.

This was not the case from my first online purchase ever that was through this site, in which the snake died 8 days later. Which made me very weary from making an online purchase of anything living.

Finally, to judge me on my post from my stats is not accurate. You do not know how many private messages and emails I sent inquirying about snakes on this site; only to recieve one or two word answers that are ambiguous, which leads me to a follow-up making me seem high maintenance.