FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 07:12 PM   #106
Mike B.
If you really think all cops are pigs and they are out to get you, you have serious problems. Yes they might have slight ego's but when you're told day after day after day all the lies anyone could possibly come up with and deal with bad people who break the law all the time, your going to start assuming guilt and then ask questions to prove innocence. Also its not going to be an administrative code, it will be criminal code. More than likely its going to be about as bad as a speeding ticket fine, unless you are a repeat offender or were attempting to buy illegal animals, or if the judge just finds you extremely offensive when you're telling them your story.

There was a time right before my 18th birthday that I was out duck hunting and had 5 lead shot shells on me. I had no idea I had the shells on me, and hadnt used any other lead shot during that hunt. A FEDERAL officer stopped me and checked my gun for a plug, and also ran the magnet along the shells. Well the guy was a complete prick, he knew I had lead shot and didnt say anything, was then trying to get me to confess to shooting after hours, which we were not doing. Even made up a lie about talking to another group of hunters that said we were. Even though we watched him pull up from about 2 miles away. Threatened to take my gun, and alot of other crap. Anyway, I dont blame him for doing his job, I know lead shot is illegal and I had no problem getting a ticket for it. The lead shot law actually can fall under two different laws. One is illegally taking of animals (lesser poaching conviction) and one other something like illegal use of lead shot, which was the one I was charged with, basically a 50 dollar fine, wasnt a real big deal.

The point of that story is, Im assuming this law could fall under several different outcomes. The person who said he couldnt buy the snake obviously knew it was illegal yet still said ill give you 25 bucks to pay for the license, which in my opinion is a crappy way to circumvent the law. He knew he wasnt paying for the license, and that he was paying cheaply for the snakes, all to bend the rule.

Also most people who say cops are out to get them usually have had a bad run in with the law because they were BREAKING the law and thought the outcome was bullcrap even though they were doing something illegal. And then Now all cops are bad!