FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - '02 Female Coastal Carpet...Make an offer?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
Kyle Harper
I didn't think you were trying to misrepresent her. I more or less thought that you had bought the snake as a coastal and thats why you labeled it a coastal.

The reason(s) I said it is either a jungle carpet or jungle coastal cross are:

-It carries the pattern characteristics of a jungle, maybe not the colors that most people think of when they hear 'jungle carpet python', but alot of jungles are black and brown. Jungle carpets also have a definied head pattern, Coastals on the other hand usaully have a broken head pattern that sometimes can be so faint it is hard to tell the actual shape of it. Also, Jungle Carpets are predominantly banded and most Coastals have some degree of lateral striping and are not usually fully banded. All in all the snake jumps out at me as a jungle or a jungle cross of some sort.

Another thing that really sticks out is the amount of black tipping in the lighter areas of the pattern. Jungle carpets are highly known for tipping in the lighter portions, but Coastals are not.

I hope you didn't think I was trying to cost you a sale. The thing is, if you sold it to someone as a coastal, then they bred it to a coastal and sold the babies as coastals (they would actually be 50% jungle/50% coastal) it will just keep going that way, further polluting the already questionable gene pool associated with carpet pythons.

I honestly think it is a jungle carpet, I don't see much, if any, coastal in it. It is a small pic though so its hard to say. I just hope she goes to a good home!