FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #249
Warren_Booth
It amazes me how this whole thread has gotten completely out of hand. The facts are obvious, from the photos. The snake arrived dead. Based on the pictures, and the shipping details, the animal overheated. The jaw issue is something seen in snakes that died in a lot of pain. e.g. they bite themselves, jaws flail open, etc. In this case, I would put money that that boa caught its mouth on the bag, and during the convulsions associated with heat stress, it dislocated or broke is lower jaw. Regardless of that, the snake arrived dead. The picture evidence is there to prove it. You do not need a forensic examination to prove that either. The pooling of blood shows that death happened early into the shipping, which given the fact it was packed with 2 heat packs and no air holes when leaving an 80oF point of origin fits.

People get heated when this much money is involved. Things are said that shouldn't be said, etc, but given the case, it looks like the people at fault are the people the sold, packed, and shipped the boa. Asking for the body to be returned is unusual, given the photo evidence, but in that instance Mr Potts should have paid for the return shipping. That't what I would do.

In order to save business, I would simply replace the boa with an equivalent, or slightly better animal, if available, or, refund the money. I am sure that money is long gone, which is sad.

Anyway, enough rambling Warren. The way I see it. Snake bought and paid for... snake shipped incorrectly and died in transit... seller refunds or replaces said snake. This whole issue on Fauna does nothing for the Potts business. There are now plenty of people producing killer Aztecs, and seeing this, I would go to them, rather than the Potts personally, which is something I would not have said before reading this thread.

WB