FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Panther or veiled for 1st time owner?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
Hi,

What follows is NOTHING but my opinion, based off of my personal experience. So, please, take that for exactly what it is worth: a grain of salt and or less then $0.01 in USA currency.

I would personally go with a Chamaeleo calyptratus as my first Chameleon. They are just "extremely hardy" by Chameleon standards.

As you stated they are more "forgiving" with lower humidity. Also, like you stated, they are more "forgiving" with temperature and humidity changes in general. I have found that to be completely true.

I would also add Chamaeleo calyptratus "has a much hardier appetite" into adulthood when compared to a adult Furcifer pardalis. As juveniles, they eat extremely vigorously just like many Furcifer pardalis do. Plus, they "spook" less easily then Furcifer pardalis do, in general. Plus, Chamaeleo calyptratus, is much "easier" to keep hydrated.

I am NOT sure, if, I have answered your questions. But, I tried. Seriously, I will gladly expand on my responses if you want. Plus, answer any questions that I might have missed. Assuming I can answer them in the first place.