FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My 1st Boa Breeding Attempt
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #32
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
You do understand that cooling periods are implemented to stimulate the natural breeding responses of these animals, right? To encouraging captive snakes to breed, its helpful (more like necessary) to mimic the climate of their place of origin.
I like you Nick, but that is an absolute falsehood. There are very well known and successful breeders out there that do not cool, and I'll go a step further and say that I know of one that keeps his flex watt running wide open all year round, and produces viable offspring every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
Sure, some will have successful results without any cooling period...however those are the exception...not the rule.

Come on man, you're smarter then that. HEALTH is the number one contributor to a successful litter. Well, that and viable sperm. LOL Lots of other stimulants out there though. Light cycles, pheromones, feed schedules, temps, and letting them just be snakes have all proved to work. There is no set rule involved with Boa breeding, just guidelines. I only know of a few people who "have" to cool to get good results.

The human mind, a lot like a parachute, works much better when open.

Bell, you go for what you know. Even 5 million dollar a year ball players strike out occasionally. Your time will come.