FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dave Colling: Great Guy
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
MLynch
I purchased a BRB from Dave on 8/9/09 (the day after my previous post to this thread), and I can't say enough about how positive my experiences have been with him.

When I contacted him about purchasing he was at a reptile show... he wrote back while at the show! He let me know that the BRB I was interested in was still available and would mark it sold if I wanted it. I sent him payment and explained that I was heading out on vacation and would be gone for a week. ...No problem. He gladly held my BRB and when I got back we discussed dates for shipping. And in between the ship date and the day I returned from vacation Dave and I exchanged numerous emails discussing BRBs, BCIs... we even had a discussion about the evolution of various traits in BRBs!

On the day Dave shipped my BRB he sent me the FedEx tracking number, and the next day my little bundle arrived. He was well packed, secure, and very anxious to get out of his packaging. I've had BRBs in the past and I knew that juveniles could be a little nervous and nippy, but Samson was incredibly docile and very inquisitive. I handled him briefly, checked him over, snapped some photos to share with Dave, and put him in his new home. He was very healthy, his color was amazing, and amazingly trusting for such a young BRB. Dave also packed the snake's data card detailing date of birth, weight at birth, feeding, and shed history.

Dave was glad to hear that my BRB had arrived and was in good spirits, he also appreciated the photos. Since then he and I have exchanged many emails - ranging from BRBs to BCIs (I'm considering buying a BCI from him in the future) to enclosure manufacturers. Dave is very easy to talk to, responds quickly, and is always eager to talk snakes. He was even happy to see photos of Samson after his first shed with me.

I recently contacted Dave because Samson had been eating like a pro every 7 days, but had started to show little interest in food on feeding day and was feeding on the 10th and eventually the 14th days. We discussed the matter and it was decided that it wasn't related to husbandry - perhaps he just wanted to eat every 14 days... or perhaps I needed to try feeding him at a different time of day. As it turns out Samson seems to prefer eating a night after his red nocturnal bulb kicks on.

Dave is a great guy, a fantastic salesman, and a superb breeder. he takes great care of his animals as well as takes great pride in them - and this is obvious when looking at any one of the snakes that he sells. He is always wiling to talk - even months after a sale. It's rare to find someone who has such a vested interest in their snakes even months after they've sold them. He's one of a kind, and I can't recommend him enough. If you want a BRB look no further than Dave. ...And even if you are in the market for a BCI - he breeds some beautiful red tails too.

...The photos below are some of the pics that I snapped when my BRB arrived from Dave.