FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - How bad is a bite from a full grown corn snake?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #23
WebSlave
Actually, we used alcohol for some adult corns that were being stubborn at releasing a hand or finger that they snagged. But what we did (usually the workers here) was to just dip a Q-tip in alcohol, and just rub it against the edge of the snakes' mouth. That was usually enough to do it.

The guys working for us had a system of putting a little skull and crossbones image on the cages with the snakes with the most ferocious feed response. Just as a reminder for themselves, I guess.

I normally just worked with the baby snakes, and what I found was that I needed to tend to them in two stages. First pass was to clean out their containers and give them fresh water. Then the second pass was to go through and feed them. They soon learned that they weren't going to be fed until the second time they saw me, so that completely killed the feed response on that first time through them. But the second time around, they were READY!