FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I didn't know my son was into snakes
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
Scootter
I didn't know my son was into snakes

We went to the LPS today in search of rats, they didn't have what I was looking for. What they do have is an 8 foot male albino burm being kept in a glass tank with no belly heat or humidity control. There's just one bulb above the tank for heat. It's been 3weeks since his last shed and they haven't cleaned it out yet. It's mostly balled up by the small water dish. I don't have anything against glass tanks if they are done correctly. This is far from correct.

I'm not set up for an 8' plus snake yet. I'm getting ready to build some bigger cages but don't have the money just yet. Acquiring adult snakes has not been part of my plan. So tonight my boy started a go fund me trying to raise money so he can get the burm out of the pet shop and I can build him a proper cage. Up until tonight he hasn't shown any interest in snakes at all but seeing this burm and knowing it needs help has him trying to do something about the situation.

Side note, I've come to hate pet shops. Chain stores and LPS. Once my breeder groups are up and running I doubt I'll set foot in one again.