FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Feeding Baby Grey Banded Kingsnake
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 04:10 AM   #33
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post
How often should I feed her? How many tails?
I don't know what would be best for your gray band. Too many variables concerning the environment and it's overall health for me to wager a guess for you. All I can say is that you need to be cautious and try not to trigger a regurge. And you do not want it to starve to death. Somewhere between the two limits will be where you need to be, but unfortunately I can't tell you where that is. So go slow, wait for a defecation of the last meal to make sure the last offering was digested, and then try another small meal. Pick up the pace if it feels warranted. I would decrease the number of days between meals over increasing the size of each meal, as that would likely be less stressful on the animal. With any luck, you will notice the animal looking around for another after taking a mouse tail, and that could mean you are out of the woods and have an animal with a developing feed response.

Just don't push things or rush the process. I don't know how many baby corns I lost over the years just from a single regurge that pushed them over the edge and they spiraled down hill very quickly.