FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Virginia...
Thread: Virginia...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #5
David_Means
Here is and update on our trip to Richmond to lobby against HB 1242 and SB 477. We only had a dozen people show up. Very disappointing considering the HSUS and ASPCA were there in full force with three times as many people. We met with a few delegates and aides, some meetings were positive while others not so much. Most hadn’t even read the Bill. If we are going keep our rights to own these animals, we are going to have to step it up people. I know people have jobs, but so do the people that showed up to lobby for our rights,. If we want to win this fight, sacrifices need to be made. I took my 12 year old daughter out of school so she could learn how our government works. I was surprised at how interested the delegates and aides were in my daughters feelings on the Bills. At times they seemed more interested in what she had to say than us adults. I encourage everyone to take a day off early next week and go to the Capital with your children (if you have any) and lobby against these Bills. Once the Bills get passed, it will be too late to do anything. The time to do something is now. Get letters out, have your children write letters as well. If these Bills pass we’ll lose our rights to keep these animals in Virginia forever. I really don’t think most people understand what really is at stake here. People could lose pets, breeding stock, jobs, and businesses. There are still many keepers that have no idea about what is going on so we need to get the word out.