FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is my thinking unreasonable?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 12:29 AM   #1
Brandon Byers
Is my thinking unreasonable?

I e-mailed a gentleman, Gary Johnston, about a snake he had posted for sale. I live about 90 miles north of him and wanted to come to him and pick up the snake. I told him to let me know what was a good time for him and offered to go ahead and pay for the snake and me pick it up at his convenience. I gave him my cell phone # and told him he could call me. The Wed. prior to Thanksgiving he calls and I happen to be in his neck of the woods. He explains he has some things to do and now would not be a good time. That was fine. We talked for a few minutes and I told him what I had going on and how I really was glad to come across this snake and I wanted it and was willing to send payment right away if needed. I told him to call me or if he couldn't reach me e-mail me after Thanksgiving and we'll work something out. The following Monday I send him an e-mail letting him know I'll be back that way again on Tuesday if that would work for him. When I get back home Tuesday he has e-mailed me letting me know he has sold the snake. When I e-mailed him back asking what went wrong he said he called my cell phone one day Sat. or Sun. and left a message and I didn't call him back. However, I had e-mailed him on Monday and the next day he replied that he had sold the snake. I didn't get a chance to check my cell messages Sunday but man, is that not wrong to leave a message Sunday, get e-mail from me Monday, and tell me the snake is gone on Tuesday? I offered to paypal him the money or send MO or whatever to hold the snake until it was convenient for him for me to come get the snake. I have sold many a snake on the net and I can't imagine, especially after somewhat lengthy conversation on the phone about how definate someone was about wanting a snake, selling it to someone else without e-mailing them at least once before hand. Is my thinking Mr. Gary Johnston did me wrong unreasonable?

Thanks,
Brandon Byers