FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #208
amercnwmn
Hank I agree..
Ashley DID buy some NICE snakes from reputable breeders, and THOSE snakes weren't sick..the issues came from questionable pick ups along the way, and exposing her snakes to "200+" other snakes belonging to friends, snakesitting, "rescues", etc.

A few of her snakes came from Craigslist, which is NOT a good source for reputable breeders, IMO.

I'm sure there are SOME people that post on CL that have well cared for animals with KNOWN backgrounds...

From MY understanding, CL is for REHOMING/ADOPTING and NOT sales.

Sure seems like a lot of "backyard breeders" popping up on CL with animals they've bred for SALE and not animals they are trying to "rehome".

Judging from the older posts on RTB, Ashley looked at the cheapest and best deals on CL, and was NOT selective in the snake's health or background.

I remember this thread:

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/jus...605-herps.html
A man was moving to Vegas from Texas wanted to SELL:
Quote:
2 male crested geckkos. the large male is a harlequin and the younger male is one of the babies hatched from the father and the mother was a dalmation.
a large broen tarantula,
green anaconda very tame about 5 ft in legnth,
a red tailed boa female 5ft,
ball python male young 24 in,
blue tounge skink adult male 24in,
green iguanna male verry tame 5 ft,
sugar gliders male and female and new babby.
savanah monitor lizzard male and very tame 3ft,
black throat monitor lizard male 3 ft.
The images clearly show deplorable housing.

She was wanting the large female retic the guy didn't currently have for sale.
I don't think she ever got that snake..
But even THEN everyone was warning her of the dangers of buying snakes off CL especially in conditions like the ones represented in the photos.

Mites & diseases were even mentioned, and this was back in March 2009.

SINCE then, she's obtained several snakes from CL..which isn't a big deal, if you keep your current animals separated.