FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Question about Iguana sun bathing and UVB light bulb
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #6
mialma09
Alrighty then well i am not and iguana master by any means but i hava owned 4 of em. First oh which i am assuming u have recently acquired him/her so they tend to be aggressive after moving around and being all stressed out trying to acclimate to a new enviorment. Another is to make sure they have enough room to move around in AKA a suitible sized cage. The best way i got any of my iguana's to tame down is don't open the door or screen quickly and let it get used to u by brining ur hand in slowly. probally is gonna be really fiesty because iguanas are known for being very cage aggressive at first especially males. So I would handle mine for a little over an hour a day and feed them fruits and veggies from my hand to get used to it. also routine baths for it work well as they tend to be very forgiving in them. and its a good time for them to hydrate and absorb water and soak their skin. but mainly just constant attention for a little while at first and feed him from ur hands in and out of his cage ocassionaly will work well. and make sure when u mist him dont do it just directly on them cause i always noticed with mine they get a little scared or startled so mist above to let the droplets fall onto them. because if they already dont trust u then spraying water at them and freaking em out wont make them like u much faster. fruits should be offered sparringly as tht should be considered a treat and can lead them from eating their greens as much. big water bowl like a cat litter box always worked for me but they like to soak and defficate into it so change out routinely. and they are strictly herbavores so a nice big bowl of veggies a day is required dusted with I always reccomend repashy calcium plus or sticky farms indoor miner-all powder. A mix of dark leafy green like kale, spinnach, green leaf lettuce, also diced carrots, peas, maybe a little avocado mixed in as well. sometimes i mush it all up with avacoda as well and mine loved it. But yeah that is generally how i would tame and feed mine if u have any other questions im glad to answere them for ya.