FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus, Robert Wood. Everyone please give me your opinion.
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM   #15
CheriS
Whoa, talk about a thread going off on an tangent that is NOT the facts and the "I think" " I believe"... giving the false impression of someone and their ethics

I am not addressing this sale, I don't know anything about the transaction but what one person is saying and if your terms of service state that, thats it as far as I am concerned.

I do know about his prior collection, sales history, the problems he had and his ethics in dealing with the situation.

He never sold dragons that he even thought was ill or sick. He bought a female, used standard quarantine and later breed her. It was not until the later clutches started hatching that he had any indicators there was a problem with her or the hatchling. He posted online explaining what the second clutch was doing, and mentioned that a few of the babies from the first clutch did not thrive well.

I emailed him as it sounded like it could be viral. Once he was aware there was a problem, he contacted everyone that he had information to reach and warned them, he offered to refunded money and offered to take back animals that showed no problems just to be safe, even though they had no direct contact with the dragon that introduced this into his colony.

All very ethical actions, more than was required of him. He followed advice that was recommended by Dr Elliott Jacobson for cleaning after a viral ourbreak. He did put down his entire collection, to not spread this any further.... and that was heartbreaking. This was several months ago, not something recent and he is very cautious now, maybe a bit gun shy after what he went through.

But PLEASE, do not accuse him of selling sick animals or causing others problems when in fact he did the exact opposite, did the responsible thing and then some regarding that situation.