FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus, Robert Wood. Everyone please give me your opinion.
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 02:34 AM   #17
mbreptiles
I must say that Robert Wood did tell me that he sold some of his collection, when he was having problems. This is what he told me himself. He also stated that he did not contact everyone that he sold them to, and let them know that his collection had come down with Adenovirus, and the animals that he sold might have been infected with it as well. This is what he stated to me directly, in my opinion that is not the right thing to do. He did not say that he was unable to contact them because he didn't have the contact information to do so. I hope that what you stated is true, and that he just didn't have the contact info do to so. If not, that is just not right.

Please tell me what you would do though? Knowing that he had Adenovirus before, if it was last week, or over a year ago. Would you want to risk your animals, your whole business, and the only way you make a living on taking back an animal that could potentially be infected with a virus if the disinfecting of everything was possibly not done to everything in the facility of someone elses? Or if someting so simple like a water dish was not washed and disinfected because they forgot? I am not saying that he has adenovirus, I hope for the dragons sake and his, that he doesn't. I am just saying that it is to much of a risk to me. In my opinion the majority if not all of you would agree.

I am not out here to put Mr. Wood down in anyway, I am just letting you all know what has happened, so that you may give me your opinion so that I know I have done the right thing. If all of you had come on here and said that I should have refunded him all of his money, than I would have done so. My reputation means a lot to me and my business. I have come to you all for your opinion and help. I appreciate all of your time and opinions. Please don't take what I am writing as an insult to anyone. I am just laying it all on the table from my point of veiw and the information that I have been givin. Please feel free to reply.