FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Petco: Who Breeds for them?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 04:45 PM   #53
Wilomn
Petcos are an interesting place. I was in one not too long ago to get some dogfood. My 12 year old daughter was with me and we, naturally, went to look at the reptiles.

They had some very nice looking cal. kings, about 6 or 8 of them all in one cage. My daughter looked up and asked, "don't kingsnakes eat other snakes?" I answered in the affirmative and was prepared to get my food.

She, being the kindhearted sweetheart that she is, totally innocent of the STUPIDITY of most petshop employees then said, "Dad, you should tell them that kingsnakes eat other snakes."

Having been down this road MANY times in the past I told her to find the manager and tell him herself and see what he did.

She did. He walked over to the cage, looked at the snakes and said, "they're fine, we keep them that way all the time. They won't eat eachother if you feed them."

She then looked up and said,"You KNEW he would say that, didn't you?"

I just smiled and nodded and tried to explain that people in positions of authority, that are supposed to be "experts" in a given field, do not appreciate having apparent laymen correcting their errors.

I wonder how fat the big one that's left will get on his siblings.

Oh well. They're great on drygoods anyway.