FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Albino Savannah Monitor
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 06:00 AM   #2
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero557
Hey guys I was looking for an Albino Savannah Monitor. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get one and about how much it would run me? Also, can I breed a Savannah monitor with any other monitor besides a savannah? For example like a black throat or a white throat monitor? And if I can't breed them can they still live together without hurting one another? Thanks for any help that is given.
I haven't seen albino savannahs available...don't think I've heard of one existing, for that matter. There was an albino nile monitor being offered a while back...I don't recall the price, but it was well over $20,000 (still interested?)

Breeding a savannah to another species of monitor...why would you want to?

Housing them together - While not the best idea, it can be done if they are relatively close in size (which can happen for a brief time, but the both the black and whitethroat will get much larger than the savannah)...but don't be surprised if there are scuffles. You'd be smart to separate them for feeding, but it can be done in the same enclosure if you are diligent and fast...and don't mind having to pull them apart.