FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #343
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Facebook has killed the online market for reptiles or animals in general.

Do not lose hope, The site will get an insane of traffic like it was before!

You Could make a Fauna BOI facebook group that is peer reviewed. Unless a Member HERE you cannont Join. Might help kill your stress of monitoring it as much.
Sorry, but Facebook just isn't my cup of tea. Never was, and likely never will be. I don't like the structure (such that it is) of the site, don't like the owner personally, and do not like the policies that he shoves down peoples' throats. But I'm sure it is great for the "look at me" selfie generation, though.

As for losing hope, I think the phrase is "lost hope". That happened when I decided to shut down the BOI when I looked hard at the facts and statistics. And no, I am not holding my breath concerning any thoughts that traffic will come back here. I honestly don't see that happening.

Best I can hope for is that this site will still have enough traffic and financial support to modestly survive as long as I and/or Connie do, and that is about it. If it doesn't? Oh well. Very little is guaranteed in life. I'm sure I will find something else to do with my time.

Heck, speaking of which, I have seen a downturn recently, which I suppose is being influenced by this coronavirus thing. I'm guessing a lot of people are hurting financially, or are thinking they might be hurting in the real near future, so they are holding onto every nickle they can right now. I'm sure show promoters have been kicked hard because of this, and obviously don't need to advertise a show that has been, or is likely to be, cancelled. I'm guessing if this drags on for a long enough time, that might dramatically impact this site as well. Nothing I have any control over, so all I can do is try to hang on as best I can and just see what tomorrow brings.