FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Vincent Manatoga - VManatoga
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #15
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Tom, I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope that somehow you get your funds returned.

His posts are to me obviously fraudulent, but it is a great risk to the staff here who help us for free, to ask them to make that choice. Why? There are two reasons I can see. The first is that many ads are not so cut and dried and it places us, the readers, at risk because many readers will just assume that ALL ads are safe because some have been vetted, found fraudulent, and booted. Instead, there is the BOI, and a burner list.

The second has to do with the moderators time. Already there is extensive behind the scened observations of Fauna including the ads, and it involves time consuming detective work. But it is not fair to expect that they use their personal time to research each ad.
We've all seem scammers that were smooth as silk and took money before they were discovered. It is almost impossible to catch them all.
Lucille has pretty much hit it on the head, thanks Lucille.
We in no way claim/certify/classify ads posted here as have been vetted.
It is the responsibility of individual members to do their own research, period. Fauna offers tools to help you do your own research, but due diligence is up to you alone, the member, to do.

Sending money to a brand new account that registered that same day, why would you do that?
Sending money to a brand new account without using the Board of Inquiry first, why would you do that?
Sending money to a brand new account without running a image search of the pictures they claim are theirs, why would you not do that first?

I get why a brand new member might get bamboozled, but not a member of many years. If members feel it is frustrating to them, trust me it is 10x more frustrating to us (site staff) to watch all of the endless warnings offered up go blindly ignored.