FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca
Thread: Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #99
Kolt4-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBU Enterprises View Post
Remember people. He is an inexperienced buyer who was excited about his first snake purchase. Are we all so jaded we can't remember that joy. I still will buy things I know I shouldn't because I hope I can get it to aclimate. This year we hatched a captive hatched sunbeam that is eating ft pinks. Next year I am hoping for cb as the fresh import male is doing extremely well and feeding on mice. We have second generation cb mangroves! This is why we are here, for the joy and thrill of it not to bash newcomers. Embrace them, help them learn and we will have valuable new members of our community.
I myself am new to the hobby at least as far as reptiles as I've kept fish and other pets for awhile. So I'm aware of the whole joy of buying your first snake, but my joy comes from doing my best to maintain my pets to the best of my abilities. That starts with being informed. I personally didn't buy my first reptile till I had done quite a bit of research despite my enthusiasm. I controlled myself and spent a couple of months searching forums and buying books trying to familiarize myself with my intended pet. In my opinion in dealing with live animals and in consideration of them it's more so my responsibility to educate myself when compared to buying other things. That is just my opinion though.