FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - New Owner with LOTS of questions!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
Minimom
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately we threw away the sticker that was on the aquarium so I have no idea how many gallons it is. It is about 4 ft wide and has a screen top. The little thing looks so small in there! LOL The light is a flourescent fixture that has three bulbs in it. The PetSmart person came out of the back room with a list of what I needed to purchase and we pretty much went down the list and bought what it recommended.

We have two small, round gauges, one a thermometer and one a hygrometer. We have these sitting on the bottom of the cage and are keeping the temp around 80' and the hygrometer is reading around 50. We have been using sterilized, warm water to mist him as well as the moss on the bottom a couple of times a day.

I bought an organic salad mix and picked out what I believe to be dandelion greens. I washed a couple of the leaves and put them on his log but he has had no interest in them at all.

We have been giving him two crickets (very small) in the morning and if there are any lives ones at night, we try to get them out. He has been eating both of them so should we be feeding him again in the afternoon? I don't want the poor thing to be hungry.

My son is absolutely in love with him! He is a video game junky, even got new Wii and Xbox 360 Live games for Xmas but all he wants to do is sit and stair at Gizzard!

Thanks again for your help and I hope we are doing the right things!