FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Updates to the infraction system
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #29
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapres9686 View Post
Wow, I received an infraction because I informed others that the item a member was selling they could obtain for free through Sprint directly.

Although I'm not the one that gave you the infraction let me help you out.

The ad specifically states that sprint charges "New from Sprint without contract is 349.99."

Looking at Sprint's website that is correct. Yes they are offering the phone for free if "Requires new line or eligible upgrade with a 2-yr contract"

But there value put on the item without contract is 349.00 and that is what they will sell it to you at.

Sprint doesn't own this phone. The author of the ad does and he is offering it at 189.00. It's his property and he didn't post anything deceptive. He is offering it lower than the price put on it by sprint.

Even if he was offering it at more, it's his property and can offer it at whatever price he wants.

Your interruption of his ad didn't mention the fact that he was offering the phone for less that what sprint would sell it to you for under the exact same conditions. With no new line activation or if you are a qualified up-grader with an contract of an additional two years. No, you just stated you can get this phone for free, so why buy from his ad. Actually, his ad is more factual than your comment of, "you can get this for free".

All that aside, You disrupted the seller's ad for no reason but to tell people
not to buy from him. That is disruptive to the sellers ad here. Disruption for that purpose isn't allowed. If you have a problem with the seller you can bring it to the BOI. We provide that forum for feedback. I can assure you tho that it will not be well received there simply because you disagree with the seller's price.

What is allowed in the classifieds is to post a link to a BOI thread if one chooses. Feel free to start a thread there and post a link on his ad.

BOI http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

I think you would regret it on this issue. It really isn't your business what he sells his property at and what someone is willing to pay for it. Coupled with the fact that he isn't asking something unreasonable for an item that has a lot higher value put on it by the company that sells it.

It isn't our responsibility to help someone find the best deal. Nor is it yours, at least not here.

He isn't stealing or misrepresenting anything with his ad. He is selling his property at the price he would like to receive for it. You just don't like the price and it really isn't any of your business. It's up to the buyer to research and decide.

If you would like to refrain from receiving more infractions I would recommend to stay off peoples ads if you plan on chastising sellers for their price.

If not, don't whine about receiving infractions points.