FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Updates to the infraction system
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #57
akonitony
Ahem... if I may:

I would just like to say I appreciate this site's infraction system. It has actually helped me, of ALL people, to think about what I say (as in speaking everyday) before I say it - not always, but it's a start.

To HHMoore & Polosian, thank you sir, may I have another? (Not really wanting another, but hopefully you get what I mean). I remember how I complained with the first one I got, and now I look back on that with embarrassment and think, man, I shoulda known better. Also, I have this new-fangled contraption called the trubbl-meter... Lucille, I need another set of batteries!

BTW, while I do have more than one infraction, please don't think I have a full-blown rap sheet of 'em. Let's just say I'm not a slow learner, but definitely 'thorough'?

Again, thanks for the life lessons with this site. To those of you who are about to get infracted, we salute you, and hope you will learn from your mistakes, and strive to do better. That's all they are looking for here. They are not trying for perfection, just 'being all you can be', to coin the phrase. It behooves one to just accept it when it happens, ask any relevent questions if you do have them, and move on. Crying about it is only going to make it worse - trust me, I've tried it.

Oh, and don't try the 'is this a white thing?' approach either - it goes over about as well as a pregnant nun.

No, I didn't actually try the white thing, but it did cross my mind. It works with my wife sometimes - she is 'half-n-half' (you know, salt-n-peppa all in one)!