FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Excited and Nervous~ Mostly Excited
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
MrsWTownsend
Red face Excited and Nervous~ Mostly Excited

Hello. I am pretty new to the Fauna Classified, spend most of my time here lurking and reading other peoples posts but today I have something to share which you all may appreciate.

Today, from the first clutch my Tricolors have ever produced, came my first ever hatchling. I have never really been into breeding my reptiles really, but after seeing Jenea Woods collection (Guardian Reptiles) and falling in love with the species I was able to purchase an unrelated pair from her with the though of possibly breeding at some point in the future. I have had them (Ophelia and Hamlet) since they were not much bigger than an earthworm. Last year Hamlet went off feed for a ridiculously long amount of time and after trying every trick under the sun to get him to eat for me, I finally decided that maybe he was smelling Ophelia and that was affecting his appetite so I paired them.

Hamlet ate within a few days of pairing them. (Huge sigh of relief~ it had been a very long time.) I am very excited about the whole project but very nervous about it too; I spend a lot of time worrying about the eggs and how they'll feed once they have hatched. I have a book about Hognose care on CD that I bought to give away with the babies as I sell them so I can feel better about how they will be cared for when sending them to new homes... I worry about that too. lol

Anyway here he is in all of his stripy little glory.

Lystrophis Pulcher is a species which I truly and absolutely adore in every way.